Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Wipers won’t stop. Replaced both wiper motor and stalk, 2014 ford fiesta zetec s

SamHay1498

City
Bedale
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Mk7.5 zetec s
My wipers are constantly on. I’ve had this issue for around 3 weeks now and have opted to wiring a switch straight from the fuse board. However I need a long term fix, anyone got any ideas what is could be? Using AUTEL the code reads wiper park switch open circuit- short to live.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
When you replaced the Wiper motor - was it "exactly" the same Ford number or the Motorcraft equivalent?

This sounds like the wiring harness - the plug that goes into that motor may need to be rewired.

The connector should have 4-wires on it. One goes to ground - the other three go to the Body control Module.
1699320741801.png

So if your system is telling you PARK is short to "live" then you have a bad ground wire return at the Wiper motor - Pin 4 looks to be the cause of the error - possibly broken or corroded off it's ground point. You can always make a new one to fix that problem.

Last edited: