Welcome to the #1 Ford Ranger Forum and Ford Ranger community dedicated to Ford Ranger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Ranger Forum today!

Where are orfice screens on AC located

City
Goochland
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 SEL
Had dealer replace evaporator I believe they have gotten trash in the line set, compressor has now locked up. Vehicle is out of warranty they hit me for over $700.00. They got enough, I’ll fix it myself.

City
Tukwila
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus
First, the compressor pressurizes the condenser. High pressure travels toward the evaporator where it passes through the orifice tube. The orifice tube has a tiny hole which "meters" the refrigerant on it's way to the evaporator causing a reduction in pressure. At the evaporator, the cold refrigerant is warmed by the airflow, which cools the air entering the car's cabin. As the refrigerant gets warmer, it turns into a gaseous state and flows back into the compressor to begin again.

Question to original poster:
When did the dealer do the evaporator change-out? I am wondering if they did not tighten things up properly, or if they should have installed new o-ring seals at both ends of the evaporator connections to prevent leaks.
If refrigerant is low, the compressor will not function.