Welcome to the #1 Ford Ranger Forum and Ford Ranger community dedicated to Ford Ranger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Ranger Forum today!

Neiko Rear Axle Bearing Extractor and Installer Tool Set

I got my Neiko Axle Bearing Puller Set! It is really a decent little set. The stats:

Description:
Pulling Tools to Quickly Remove and Install Semi Floating Rear Axle Bearings

Pullers Included:
- 1" to 1-7/8"
- 1-5/16" to 2-3/8"
- 1-3/8" to 2-7/8"

Blow Mold Case Included

* Pullers are for use with 5/8" - 18 TPI slide hammers (Adapter required for HF Bearing Pullers)

Here is the set in it's included case:

A close up of the sizes:

I thought I would just do a quick tutorial on how these pullers work, just in case inquiring minds want to know. I am just using a bearing to show how it works.

Pick the closest size, just a little smaller than your bearing / axle tube.

Then back off the retaining nut approximately 1.5 to 2 inches, depending how thick your bearing is. This will allow the head to swivel so it can be pushed through the inner part of the bearing.

Push the swivel head through and allow it to go back to "home" position. Then pull it back against the bearing.

Now tighten the retaining nut so the retaining washer is secure against the bearing.

A look on the "blind hole" side of the bearing (the side you can't see when the bearing is installed).

The visible side.

Then you thread your slide hammer into this end, and you're set.