Welcome to the #1 Ford Ranger Forum and Ford Ranger community dedicated to Ford Ranger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Ranger Forum today!

Lug nuts

City
Williamstown
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2001 Ranger XLT
I have a 2001 Ranger. Got some 2005 Mustang 10 spoke alloy rims at a good price to replace the prone to rust leaking 7 spoke steel wheels. Put on some 2" spacers to bring out the off-set of the mustang rims. The stock tapered Ranger lugs only seem to use about an 1" of the bolt, and there is still about 3 /4" left of the lug nut open and unused. I thought this would be an easy fix, I got some 1 /2" shouldered chrome mag wheel lugs. I figured the shoulder would fit inside these thick lug bolt holes of the wheels and give me a better hold on the wheel. Problem, the mag bolt shoulders have a slightly larger O.D. than the I.D. of the bolt holes of the wheel ? Go figure. Does anyone know, would it be as simple as drilling out the lug holes ? Any knowledge or help would be greatly appreciated. Charlie

Last edited: