Welcome to the #1 Ford Ranger Forum and Ford Ranger community dedicated to Ford Ranger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Ranger Forum today!

1988 Ranger Shock help needed

City
Portland
State
OR
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
1988 Ford Ranger
I have a 1988 Ranger XLT, extra cab, 2WD, manual transmission, 2.3, 4 cylinder. I'm wanting to upgrade my front and rear shocks just using standard length i.e. OEM lengths. I need help regarding what model years the same shocks will fit. I found in the Forum information that Ford used the same TIB (Twin I-Beam) front suspension in Rangers from 1983-1997. I'd like to upgrade to some Bilstein 24-022361 and 24-196277 front and rear shocks, but I see they are only listed to fit down to 1990. So, I am wondering since Ford used the same TIB from 83-97, why do many of the shock manufactures cut-off the year sometimes at 1990? What's the difference between shock lengths and fit from the years 83-97? Can I use any front and rear shocks for Rangers from 83-97? All responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you......

Last edited: