Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Sway bar

City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
Is anyone running upgraded sway bars? If so what brand and how do you like them?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I think Eibach still offer bars. The basic fiesta has a bigger diameter front bar than the ST. Being pretty lightweight, the Fiesta does not need a lot of sway bar. Getting a pair of adjustable end links allows you to fine tune the effectiveness of the stock bar to the point where you will forget all about a bigger diameter bar. Get the links and then decide after that!

Last edited:
OP
Rowdy09
City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
Thread Starter #3
ok fair enough. That sounds like a good plan to start with. Friend of mine is trying to get me into autocross

City
Victoria
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE hatch
Does the ST have rear sway bars? And if so, are they compatible with base models?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The ST rear axle beam is stiffer than the basic fiesta axle beam. You can get a couple different anti sway bar types for the basic fiesta.
The basic fiesta has a bigger diameter front bar than the ST version. The first rear bar we could get was the Eibach beam stiffener that requires some drilling to bolt into the V of the axle beam.
The second one is a more traditional type of bar that bolts to the lower rear shock absorber bracket. The bar is silver colored. I did not find much diffence between the two types of bars. The more traditional type did not require any drilling to install. 20201031_151640.jpg
17092253969256237269880956550141.jpg