Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Side skirts

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
hello there peeps!! , wondering what are your thoughts on side skirts and bumper lips , seems a very cost effective way to enhance looks and even make the car look lowered , with out loosing a eye over a strut springs :LOL:
and maybe ok for my crappy roads , i know ,i know , is not as flashy as build transmission , mount, cams and nitrous kit but , hey the outside need some love too :ROFLMAO:
what's yall suggestions or if any ?

thanks in advance

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Look at the front splitter that Lions tooth did on his 2015 hatchback build thread. I did a thread on a flatter looking splitter on my 2011 that would be a lot of work to assemble and install. But it ended up looking great. Neither of these splitters required paint and the cost all in was under $100.
Cam shaft upgrades, turbocharger kits, header and injector upgrades are not on the table of choices for a basic fiesta.
I have both versions of the Fiesta. I have found that the similarities abruptly end at cost of ownership and ease of maintenance. Yes, the ST is a much more powerful car. It does the hot hatch thing very well. But, it's not inexpensive to own. In over ten years, i have replaced the rear brake shoes on my SE hatchback one time. In five years i have replaced the rear disc brake pads twice and the rear rotors once. Most people who really like the fuel economy and ease of maintenance of the basic fiesta would be turned off by how much attention and premium fuel the ST version demands.

Last edited: