Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford Fiesta 2014 - Drivers Side Window/Light Fault

City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2014
Hello!

Car's a 2014 Ford Fiesta. Yesterday, when I locked it, I noticed that the indicator light on the driver's side wing mirror didn't flash. Normally, it does when I lock the car or set the alarm.
Shortly after, I realised that the window controls on the driver's side were not working. However, the controls on the passenger side are functioning.

I'm assuming it could be a blown fuse or a wiring problem. I was just wondering if anyone has encountered this before?

Thank you in advance once again.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Might need a little more diagnosis.

The drivers side door gets a lot of neglect and abuse from the driver.

It gets ...
  • Slammed - hard!
  • Leaned on.
  • Pounded on.
  • Gripped to death in a strangle-hold...
So it's only inevitable that the snorkel or wire loom grommet may need some attention.

So to help us help you, you need to find out what works and what doesn't.

Why? Well, the interior door panel will have to be pulled off to find the loom and where it enters into the door frame.

There are several controls on the panel - - the Window/Door Lock combination switch, the Mirror Control and the Door Handle/Grab Bar - all this stuff needs to be either have it's trim pried off, Torx screws removed or the plastic housing pried and loosened to obtain access to the pinch clips that hold the panel in it's position, as to help remove the panel to expose a series of wire looms and how they tie into a single connector of about 24 pins that this loom that routes thru the door into the car compartment connects to.

So as you investigate, try to find which controls still function - like Door lock, or Mirror Control or which windows that control panel will still operate.

If none of them (controls) then the door panel gets pulled off and see if water entry and corrosion set into the door - it may be cheaper to buy a used junkyard door to either salvage parts from to make yours work again, or to simply replace the whole door with another one to get you working again.

A saving grace on this is the year of your door most latter years will fit and that connector will also be wired correctly. The earlier versions of the older "slope nose" have a different wiring pinout and a door grab handle that is no longer even being made by Ford - you'd have to find it in a junkyard - and the handle removed from the door - looks like a backwards "Z" compared to the "lazy J" that the newer handles are.

Last edited:
OP
RosieRumble
City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2014
Thread Starter #3
Might need a little more diagnosis.

The drivers side door gets a lot of neglect and abuse from the driver.

It gets ...
  • Slammed - hard!
  • Leaned on.
  • Pounded on.
  • Gripped to death in a strangle-hold...
So it's only inevitable that the snorkel or wire loom grommet may need some attention.

So to help us help you, you need to find out what works and what doesn't.

Why? Well, the interior door panel will have to be pulled off to find the loom and where it enters into the door frame.

There are several controls on the panel - - the Window/Door Lock combination switch, the Mirror Control and the Door Handle/Grab Bar - all this stuff needs to be either have it's trim pried off, Torx screws removed or the plastic housing pried and loosened to obtain access to the pinch clips that hold the panel in it's position, as to help remove the panel to expose a series of wire looms and how they tie into a single connector of about 24 pins that this loom that routes thru the door into the car compartment connects to.

So as you investigate, try to find which controls still function - like Door lock, or Mirror Control or which windows that control panel will still operate.

If none of them (controls) then the door panel gets pulled off and see if water entry and corrosion set into the door - it may be cheaper to buy a used junkyard door to either salvage parts from to make yours work again, or to simply replace the whole door with another one to get you working again.

A saving grace on this is the year of your door most latter years will fit and that connector will also be wired correctly. The earlier versions of the older "slope nose" have a different wiring pinout and a door grab handle that is no longer even being made by Ford - you'd have to find it in a junkyard - and the handle removed from the door - looks like a backwards "Z" compared to the "lazy J" that the newer handles are.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I went out for a drive today and drivers side windows/wing mirror controls still don't work. The car will lock (but the drivers side door doesn't lock), however, the alarm no longer appears to set.
I'll press "lock" once and there's a faint locking sound, I'll press it a second time and neither wing mirrors flash.

Feels as if slowly less things are working [dunno]

My plan is to call the garage Monday morning and get it booked in, hopefully they can diagnose the problem(s).