Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Help!!!!!!!! P132b(22) what does this mean?

BANGERS93

City
NORWICH
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2011 FIESTA
I have error code P132B AND P132B(22). What does the p132b(22) mean, as my scanner will only tell me the code and not a description.
I have changed the follow
MAF sensor
MAP sensor
IAT sensor
Boost pressure sesnor
Vacuum pipes
Vacuum pump
Turbo actuator
Turbo

None of these things have got rid of this code

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
You can also review this thread - I know it's a Zombie thread perhaps, but to help answer an outstanding question...

https://www.talkford.com/threads/p132b.395209/
1687051183959.png

This thread deals with a Diesel Turbo model of 2010 - since we have little information to work with, the engine - if its turbo'd - is the only way you'd get this code. It may apply to your situation.

It deals with an actuator and the bushing used to work the valve on the turbo. If this bushing is worn or gone, you'd also hear some form of a clank or noise from that missing bushing or it's Bunge - so review the thread see if it helps you.

Last edited:
City
STONE
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2011 TDCi 1560cc Econetic Fiesta
Hi. I have also noticed a recurring P132B fault code. I have tried various fixes but nothing seems to have cured it yet. I am looking for any suggestions in diagnosing the issue further before spending more money on a professional diagnosis or more random part swapping.

A bit of history: we bought the car second hand as an ex fleet car. It has clearly had some work done as there was a bolt missing from the throttle body and two of the vacuum pipes at the turbo actuator had been cut and replaced with short lengths of rubber fuel hose.

I did get a recurring P02EC code at one point, but after replacing the throttle body and re-securing the jubilee clip on the hose before the MAP sensor that seems to have fixed that one.

I have replaced the boost control solenoid twice (as the first one was apparently a cheap fake and the engine management system didn't like it), the vacuum actuator and position sensor assembly, and I have also replaced the vacuum pump as I noticed a very rough vacuum causing vibration when braking (due to the brake booster I presume). All this along with the cut vacuum pipes was leading me to assume it is a vacuum line issue. I tried monitoring it with ForScan and it seems to abruptly lose sensor input from both the turbo and EGR valve at the same moment, but I think that is more leaning towards an electrical fault than a vacuum fault.

I have had a new fuel filter fitted as that was one suggestion I read somewhere.

I notice the warning "Engine Malfunction Service Now" comes on with the Malfunction Indicator Lamp but it doesn't result in any loss of power or limp home mode. It clears with a cycle of turning off the ignition and starting the engine again. It happens mostly when started from cold or when braking to a halt at junctions, but sometimes when idling in traffic or occasionally after driving at a constant speed for a while on a fast road. I was thinking some of these symptoms might be related to the brake booster causing a loss of vacuum as I apply the brakes, or from the DPF regen causing a higher than expected pressure. However, the fault code seems to be more related to high pressure within the inlet manifold rather than the exhaust, and I am not seeing any other fault codes to suggest a DPF issue.

I have wondered if I have the wrong turbo fitted? From the look of it I have a wastegate turbo, but a lot of info I have found on-line suggests I should have a VGT/VNT turbo? I cannot really tell, and apart from the damaged pipes by the solenoid I cannot say if anything is not original.

Any suggestions on where to look next or any questions you want to ask me?

Attached are photos of the old vacuum solenoid which I have since replaced with a new brown body type which I am assuming is more correct for the car. The black one was used on Citroens and Peugeots, which are basically the same so I don't fully know why it would make any difference, and it doesn't seem to have. I am not 100 percent sure I have all the pipes in the correct order though...

Attachments

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You have a potential leak in your turbo plumbing or faulty boost control solenoid or possibly a bad ground connection of same or something as simple as an exhaust system leak. It is not a exactly specific mil. More like points in the general area of the issue. Check your ground connections. Inspect your pipes and clear the mil and test drive.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Yes. It's pointing at the boost control. The computer itself may be faulty, but it's more likely that it's not getting correct readings to work effectively. Given what you've described, I'd start with scotman's suggestions.

RobatRobot

City
STONE
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2011 TDCi 1560cc Econetic Fiesta
Thanks Econoboxrocks and Scotsman. Just wanted to update you all. After trying to check the previously butchered vacuum lines using a hand vacuum pump, I accidently broke off one of the ports on the second Boost Control Solenoid. The vacuum check passed, so I resigned myself to a third solenoid... However, since changing it a month ago now we have not had any recurance of the engine warning light. So that seems to be it. For reference, the one the car came to me with was the black variety from a Citroen C4, which may explain why yhe pipes had been modified. The first replacement I bought was immediately refused by the ECU, and the second one worked OK but we would occasionally get the P132B code on cold starts or when the DPF tried to burn off. Still waiting for a confirmed DPF burn off, but it's been driven as normal for the last month with no issue.