Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST-H Hertz rental in the Netherlands ...

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Just stumbled upon these images from 2014. These black and gold Fiesta ST were part of the Hertz sports car fleet. hertz-spruces-the-ford-fiesta-st-photo-gallery_1.jpg hertz-spruces-the-ford-fiesta-st-photo-gallery_3.jpg

Attachments

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Wow. Same livery as the old Hurst Shelbys back in the day. Never saw that before.

Last edited:
OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #3
The 1966 GT350 Hertz " Rent a racer" was one of several very successful efforts of a Ford manager named Peyton Cramer who had accepted the position of general manager at Shelby American.
He also was responsible for setting up Performance Motors, Carroll Shelby's California Cobra dealership and also several dealerships in Europe to sell and service the Cobra and GT350.
Cramer had the idea of making a sales pitch to Hertz of the GT350 in black with gold stripes. He knew something of the history of the Hertz corporations past use of the black\gold scheme. It was so successful that the idea was repeated several times, as recently as 2016.
The idea is so good, the guy who executed it should be recognized.

Attachments