Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta 2011 Sedan AC and Blower Issue

Aamirx64

City
Srinagar
State
Non-US
Country
India
What I Drive
Fiesta 2011 Global Sedan
Hi. I am from india and i own Fiesta Global 2011 Sedan. I have two queries.

1) When i insert key in car and put it in II position (Two turns, i dont start the car) AC panel and blower panel light glow for a second or two and turn off again. And as a result AC and Blower wont run. Tried after starting the car same result, light lows for 2 seconds and turn off. What could be the problem. Video in link

2) When i lock the car indicators flash two times but i want to add horn beeps with it also. I dont have alarm just stock immobiliser installed. How to do that?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
When you turn the key to Start and start the engine running - does the Blower/AC and illumination turn on then?

This may be part of a battery-saver monitor that when the battery is sensed to be low in voltage - a threshold - the vehicle will turn off (using the BCM) sections of the car to make starting the engine easier.This process saves more electrical energy to turn over the starter to get the motor running first-and the alternator can then take over to start charging the system - then worry about the AC and lights - e&c...

This just might be a time to start inspecting wiring and battery condition - fix the rust, corrosion or loose poor wiring and make sure the battery is in good condition.

IN my Fiesta the horn will only beep if you press the "LOCK" button two times - first one locks and lights will flash - but the beep for horn requires two presses.

Now you can change the flash confirmation from one flash, to two flashes or type of condition of unlock flash and lock flash but that uses your keyfob and you press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons and try lock and unlock to review your selection and just redo it until you get a flash pattern you like or can easily recognize as your vehicle.

But the "Beep" in mine requires two presses within 5 seconds of each other to hear the toot.

OP
A

Aamirx64

City
Srinagar
State
Non-US
Country
India
What I Drive
Fiesta 2011 Global Sedan
Thread Starter #3
When you turn the key to Start and start the engine running - does the Blower/AC and illumination turn on then?

This may be part of a battery-saver monitor that when the battery is sensed to be low in voltage - a threshold - the vehicle will turn off (using the BCM) sections of the car to make starting the engine easier.This process saves more electrical energy to turn over the starter to get the motor running first-and the alternator can then take over to start charging the system - then worry about the AC and lights - e&c...

This just might be a time to start inspecting wiring and battery condition - fix the rust, corrosion or loose poor wiring and make sure the battery is in good condition.

IN my Fiesta the horn will only beep if you press the "LOCK" button two times - first one locks and lights will flash - but the beep for horn requires two presses.

Now you can change the flash confirmation from one flash, to two flashes or type of condition of unlock flash and lock flash but that uses your keyfob and you press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons and try lock and unlock to review your selection and just redo it until you get a flash pattern you like or can easily recognize as your vehicle.

But the "Beep" in mine requires two presses within 5 seconds of each other to hear the toot.
No same thing happens when engine is running light illumates then turns off but blower anc AC wont work.

I have tried pressing lock and unlock together but that wont enable beeo in my case but what that does is just unlocks front door on first attempt and then on 2nd attempt unlocks rear doors.

OP
A

Aamirx64

City
Srinagar
State
Non-US
Country
India
What I Drive
Fiesta 2011 Global Sedan
Thread Starter #4
Any suggestions please reply

OP
A

Aamirx64

City
Srinagar
State
Non-US
Country
India
What I Drive
Fiesta 2011 Global Sedan
Thread Starter #5
FINALLY SOLVED THE ISSUE. The culprit was FUSE 1 Located in Passenger Compartment. The Fuse is for Instrument Cluster and Audio. I wonder whats the connection

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Glad to know you got it working.

IF it's a 20 Amp fuse, it would be a main power supply to the console.

So for the "Big one" to blow and that it also feeds stereo and cluster, I hope you can rule out cluster and then look more towards the Audio and center console to see if something got pinched, or stuck - mostly with the wiring to the Radio and since it's close to the Climate control - would not be supersized to know if something got caught in the vents or that the vents to "drum" are sticking.

Since the main fuse is shared - by Audio Climate and the Instrument cluster. Might want to investigate the harness and the routing - make sure the other fuses back at the box are seated and wiring in and around the center console is free and follows the bulkhead/underside supports so the wire bundle doesn't get kicked or bumped from passengers or groceries.

As a car ages, the fasteners that hold the wire up from the floor can fail and or get pulled down and the connector that the harness uses to meet back at the main bumble harness, can get pulled out making for intermittent connections so look also especially for sharp bends ans loose tie-downs that might make the harness rub against those supports.