Welcome to the #1 Ford Ranger Forum and Ford Ranger community dedicated to Ford Ranger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Ranger Forum today!

Aftermarket alarm

City
Centerville
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
22 Ranger
I have a 22 Ranger. It’s a basic work truck. It had 60 miles on it in November of last year. I was excited to find an alarm system box in the glove box. It’s a compustar 852A and there was a idatalink remote start and databus interface box.
Remote start would not work from the compustar fob. I unplugged all the wires from both modules. Idatalink and cm2500. After that fobs did nothing but set the alarm only. Locks don’t move. I have a flashing blue light on the antenna and an indicator light on the dash that flashes blue. I can use the key to unlock the door but no alarm sound. The blue light flashes until I press the unlock button.
I did take it to a compustar dealer. Said it was wired wrong. But the locks did work with the fob. I said forget the remote start just make the key less entry work again. I don’t work on other peoples work. I have watched so many videos on this I’m going crazy.
I don’t know what to do.
I used to hear a sound over by the glove box like a relay clicking sound nothing now. Might I shorted some when I unplugged the wires. I know they are all back they fit one way.
thanks for any help