Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removing honeycomb front bumper grill ?

J2FoRS

How does the grill remove from the bumper? Does it pull outwards Iike the regular Fiesta? Or does it remove from the inside and you must remove the whole front bumper.

I searched forum and couldn't find an answer. No one has removed it? Have a few different things going on would be easier to remove.

This is the regular Fiesta removal:

https://youtu.be/YizXEuRrzG8

You have to remove it from inside the bumper. At the moment I'm working on sanding off the bottom part that is blocking the air. Spent 4hrs with a dermel hand only got half way lol

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #4
You have to remove it from inside the bumper. At the moment I'm working on sanding off the bottom part that is blocking the air. Spent 4hrs with a dermel hand only got half way lol
Oops double post. 4 hours with a dremel sounds brutal though.

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #5
So once bumper is removed it pulls inward like the video as opposed to outward? Or what sort of hardware is holding it there.

DaveG99

Ford shouldn't have filled in the honey combs on the bottom of it. Blocks a lot of air. I know the crash bar is behind it but still

There are clips that snap into the bumper all around it, they are pretty hard to free. I had to use screwdrivers and pry out and work my way around keeping stuff wedge behind so it didn't snap back. And yea I spent probably 2-3 hours sanding that backing off. I used a 1/2 drill to make as many holes in it as I could and then used 6" random orbital for the majority of the work and then finished the corners with a mouse sander.

MPA

It's not too hard to remove the bumper - COBB has an intercooler install video that details the removal and re-install, it takes maybe 45 minutes.