Welcome to the #1 Ford Ranger Forum and Ford Ranger community dedicated to Ford Ranger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Ranger Forum today!

The Eight Nine Project (Pic Heavy)

Hey, welcome to my little corner I'm making for my Mustang. To be honest, my first love is not Rangers, it's Mustangs......but I still am a huge Ranger fan. Anyway, I've owned this Mustang since January 19, 1995. Needless to say, I have PLENTY of stories about it. It honestly still has the original motor with about 187,000 miles and the T5 trans has about 1,000 miles on it.

It has GT-40P heads, a 5.0 Explorer lower intake manifold, a Downs Ford upper intake (breadbox style), Explorer 65mm throttle body, Accufab 65mm EGR spacer, Crane Cams/FMS 1.7 ratio roller rockers (93 Cobra factory part), 24 lb. FMS injectors, 73mm Vortech/C&L mass air meter, Air Charge Temperature sensor relocation kit, BBK Underdrive Pulleys, MAC Headers (for now), MAC O/R H-Pipe, MAC Flowpath Catback, FMS Aluminum Driveline, Hurst Shifter (same as Saleen), FMS 3.55 ring and pinion, and an FMS King Cobra Clutch.

A little over 5 years ago I started this restoration project. Please enjoy the ride.

OP
MustangShane
Thread Starter #2
Moving right along, this was one of the cars that the paint flaked off. I literally quit washing it because paint would fall off every time I washed it.

This little spot is the only rust hole on the car. There was some surface rust, but this was the only official "cancer" in the car.

OP
MustangShane
Thread Starter #6
I am really really looking forward to working on it some more. It sat all last summer, and I only started it 4 or 5 times. Poor thing.

Gotta get my left leg feeling better so I can push the clutch though.