Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission Have an oil Pump?

My first post, I would like to tow my ST 4 down and I don't know why you can't. So does the six speed transmission have an oil pump? The six speed in my BMW did and caused the towing issue. Ideas?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
No pump that I recall when apart installing the LSD but I was not looking for one, some transmissions and transaxles have mechanical pumps that are pretty simple and would not effect towing in any way I could imagine.

When I tow it is inside a trailer, not on the ground so no help here on this issue.

Wish I could say for sure.

haste

1000 Post Club
This page of the manual says front two wheels need to come off the ground for towing. It does specify 1.6l Ecoboost.

This page says manual transmission cars can be towed with all 4 wheels on the ground. Is this page for non-ST fiestas? The manual should be more specific...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Likely a generic page as the 1.6 ecoboost comes with an automatic in some vehicles.

Highly likely not a problem towing the ST with all four on the ground.