Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Highest stock turbo hp and tq numbers on e85?

Hey guys I keep going back and forth on whether or not to go big turbo or not... That low end torque on this car with with the stock turbo is sooo fun! So what are the best numbers people are getting with a stock turbo (stage3ish) bolt ons etc with e85? Meth is also an option... if any of you have a bigger turbo fist and are in driving distance and are willing to take me for a ride I will gladly pay you $50 and give you are your friends free drinks and food all night at my bar lol... Thanks in advance!

No one is running E85, only blends of E30/E40/E50. I believe Boost bumps is at 230whp/330wtq on the stock turbo using E30 blend. I'm using an E40 blend with my cyborg (still tuning but is definitely more than 230) and Russ at DHM with a BT is running an E50 blend and a redonkulous 425whp!

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
But even with the cyborg you still lose that instant torque hit right?

A little but nothing like a BT... I get the rush of spooling around 2700 rpms instead of 2300 rpms...

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
But even with the cyborg you still lose that instant torque hit right?
It wouldn't turn into big turbo lag.. It's still pretty responsive. Look at some graphs, I'm going cyborg soon. It seems to be he best bang for the buck in terms of having more power and drivability

No one is running E85, only blends of E30/E40/E50. I believe Boost bumps is at 230whp/330wtq on the stock turbo using E30 blend. I'm using an E40 blend with my cyborg (still tuning but is definitely more than 230) and Russ at DHM with a BT is running an E50 blend and a redonkulous 425whp!
Is there any reason no one is running E85 in these cars? Where I'm at it is cheap and plentiful. A lot of the big hp cars run it here, although I've heard sometimes the blending of the fuel is a bit inconsistent through the changes of the seasons...

Pretty sure the fueling system isn't adequate for straight e85. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but you'd probably need at least bigger injectors and I'm not sure the pump is up for the task.

jwttz

As far as I know, the fiesta's fuel system will flow enough for strait e85 and there have been individual tests to verify this. The problem is that running e85 in a direct injection system can cause issues over time. So daily driving it can damage your pump and injectors at some point.

The Mazda guys have tried straight E85 in their DI cars and found that it can cause some pretty major issues. While it may be possible to run it on the FiST, there is no reason to as the blends offer all the advantages without any of the devastating side effects.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'm pretty sure that was on C10.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
As far as BT goes, I see peak spool of 28-29psi around 3800rpm... Call that laggy if you'd like. The stock turbo is full spool almost 1500rpm before that starts dying around 4500 and is out of breath by 5500.

Here's some carfax for you. This is a Stage 3 E40 FiST @esondi vs my 93 oct GTX2867r

If we could start at exactly the same time, you'd see there's very little difference in speed, until the BT is full spool that is. Virtually no lag after you're up top and you shift because with the extended rev limiter you fall right back into the sweet spot.

As a previous Cyborg owner, I tell anyone with a stock turbo or even Cyborg that if they think this kit is laggy, race me. Even better drive it.

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
As far as BT goes, I see peak spool of 28-29psi around 3800rpm... Call that laggy if you'd like. The stock turbo is full spool almost 1500rpm before that starts dying around 4500 and is out of breath by 5500.

Here's some carfax for you. This is a Stage 3 E40 FiST @esondi vs my 93 oct GTX2867r

If we could start at exactly the same time, you'd see there's very little difference in speed, until the BT is full spool that is. Virtually no lag after you're up top and you shift because with the extended rev limiter you fall right back into the sweet spot.

As a previous Cyborg owner, I tell anyone with a stock turbo or even Cyborg that if they think this kit is laggy, race me. Even better drive it.
That's not bad... Who built/tuned your car?

I think I could do better :(
That was my second run with the car and second run in 15 years at the strip. My guess with a prepped track 14.1 @100
Same for you Isaac, better let me run it though ;). I clearly know how to launch

OP
M
Thread Starter #15
The one and only Deadhook Motorsports.
. If I go big turbo I'm using them for sure... Thinking I will just ship the car to them and have them do everything from A to Z! What's the main difference between your car and their low 12 second cars? I really want solid 12 second power if I'm going bigger turbo.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
. If I go big turbo I'm using them for sure... Thinking I will just ship the car to them and have them do everything from A to Z! What's the main difference between your car and their low 12 second cars? I really want solid 12 second power if I'm going bigger turbo.
Slicks, mainly. That would put me in the 12s. The low 12 cars have a bit more power. One being on 110 race gas, the other on meth.

I'm pretty sure that was on C10.
I took those numbers from his signature, it shows E30, I don't know about C10, besides it's a V-dyno number so unless he gets to an actual dyno who knows what numbers he's hitting...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I took those numbers from his signature, it shows E30, I don't know about C10, besides it's a V-dyno number so unless he gets to an actual dyno who knows what numbers he's hitting...
The *424whp run was on a legit dyno on C10. I'll see if I can find the picture that was posted.