Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST Takes On the 100 Acre Wood Rally

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
So the ST they were using was basically stock? That's pretty interesting. I've wondered how well the suspension on the cars would do on a rally stage.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
So the ST they were using was basically stock? That's pretty interesting. I've wondered how well the suspension on the cars would do on a rally stage.
humm read the article. It seems to do very well including a river dunk and a rally jump. Just WOW. Reminds me of the old Pony we use to have. It would out perform truck in mud holes and stuff because we did not care and it was so light that a heavy foot kept it going.

SPhilli911

Might sound silly but rally is one of the reasons I bought the ST. This is the stuff I like to see.

My licence plate is "WRC" after all. [hihi]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Great video, thanks for posting it!

I have no doubt how well this car will work in the dirt, gravel, snow, ice, can take a jump........

I would do it but it beats the car up more than I care to, I used to do it all the time in my 510 Datsun days, they were tough as nails as well, and fast:)

what size wheels and what type/size tires??? would be an awesome rallycross setup

Couldn't help but have this thought at the back of my head as I watch this: "How much is Ford paying these guys?"

Good video though. Can never have enough FiST praises.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Good to hear that it's holding up well to gravel roads!

I... I don't slow down much when it turns from tarmac to gravel. The snow tires handled it like a champ but it gets a bit squirrelly with the low-pros.

I'm certainly loving my little rally car!

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
2 years ago today, I found out what a stock Fiesta ST will do going over a jump on a X-Games/GRC track. My brother and I spent a day filming a commercial for Ford/ESPN with Brian Deegan using a prototype ST. Over and over again, the car needed to tackle the jump and dirt of the track. No problems at all from all the abuse. During the Fiesta Movement, a certain agent used their ST for recce at a Rally America event. Again, the ST did fine being ran hard on rally roads. At LSPR (Lake Superior Performance Rally) I wasn't the most kind to my Fiesta Movement ST by tackling a number of stage roads. No matter what was thrown at the ST, it just handled it like a pro!

ST prototype used for filming (I have a few pictures from filming the commercial, but can't share them)
Fiesta ST_Xgames_Foz_Brazil_April 2013_Fiesta Movement 040_edited by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

After being ran very hard on gravel at LSPR (video footage isn't going to be shared as it most likely is incriminating)
Dirty ST after LSPR by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

Bric, I am pretty sure those are the MSport OZ 4x108 gravel wheels. TON would have had those on hand for the rally since the R1 cars are still 4x108 compared the R2 5 lug. TON uses the same wheels on some of the rally school cars, mostly on the STs.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
GREAT POST, thanks:):)

Once my car is has some serious miles and abuse I might have to get it real dirty, been a very long time since getting air time in the dirt!

Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
That was simply amazing............not......really.......some people need a bit more purpose in their life.

I once pulled a tractor a bit like that out of the mud with my old Tacoma 2WD, with a gear vendors 4:10 diff and LSD on hard packed dirt, that was something useful and I did not even spin the tires!