Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Radio stays on when engine is turned off?

tigerfan

I have a strange problem with my 2014 Fiesta SE. Occasionally when I turn the ignition off, the radio continues to play and nothing can be adjusted on it. You can't turn it off by hitting the on/off button, can't change station or adjust volume. My local Ford dealer suggested disconnecting the positive battery cable for a few seconds and then re-installing it to get the radio to re-set. This works. However, the problem continues and I do not know the cause or the solution. Any ideas?

OP
T

tigerfan

Thread Starter #3
Unfortunately I have not. The first couple of times this happened, it was in the winter when the outside temperature was really low. Then, it happened this summer, so temperature apparently is not a factor. If you discover anything, please share. Thanks for responding to my thread!

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
It'll continue playing for about 30 minutes and should shut off by itself.

OP
T

tigerfan

Thread Starter #5
My radio has played for over an hour when I have disconnected the battery. I have never tried to see how long it will play on its own. Guess I am afraid that it will eventually drain the battery.

Clayla

What I Drive
2012 Fiesta SE
When my Ford dealer replaced the battery, the radio or CD player would blast even when the car was turned off. Sometimes, it was intermittent static so loud it was deafening. It cost me another $800.00 to get the radio fixed. Is it true, if they leave the radio and other things on when they change the battery, this can cause the electrical system to go haywire?