Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TST Selling Their Fiesta ST

In case you haven't seen or heard it yet, The Smoking Tire, the show which turned both myself and others on to the Fiesta ST, have announced they are selling their "project" Fiesta ST.

I, personally, am pretty astonished by this. I am astonished because whenever you watch one of their reviews or listen to their podcast, all they do is rave about the Fiesta and exclaim how great of a car it is. On top of this, they were one of the more prolific tuners out there who bolted every part in the catalog on to the Fiesta along with pushing COBBs list of products and tunes.

I, like many others, was driving a pretty great car before purchasing my Fiesta. I had a 135i with a few go-fast parts when their comparison review between a e46 and the Fiesta ST not only blew them, the seasoned reviewers, away, but also blew me away at how great the little econo-box cornered.

I suppose I am more astonished because it is seemingly becoming a trend lately. Some of our longest and most notable members on this forum are leaving the Fiesta for a different platform. And now with TST seemingly leaving it as well, it leaves me asking "Why?" What platform is everyone jumping ship for?

MPA

one of the members here bought it a few weeks ago

probably because the RS is coming, and other than getting a a bigger turbo, the upgrade path isn’t really as open as it is

The Fiesta ST has been out a couple years now. The people who jump into a platform headfirst and are the first to throw mods at it usually have car ADD. Now's the time when they move on to another one imo.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have had several project cars for a couple of years, one I never should of sold, get the itch a bit now but nothing interests me except a tweaked 2016 Miata but it does not fit into our needs so not going to happen so just spent a bunch more money on the FiST to keep me going with it:)

JasonHaven

Makes me a little sad, because his videos were a big part of convincing me to buy the car. But yeah, I assume it's to make room for the RS, and I think he also just bought an imported Skyline.