Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

metal banging sound when shifting please help

Ok guys need some insight... I have the cobb rmm and have swapped to the stock to see if this would solve the issue but it is still happening... When I gun it and I shift from 1st to 2nd the moment the gear catches I hear a loud bang as if coming from the Trani or like something metal on Metal hitting hard but when I get back on the gas it runs fine it is only from shifting hard from 1st to 2nd... can someone give me an idea of what this could be?

It's your engine moving under load. VERY common problem. Easy fix is upgraded motor mount(s). Most people do the Cobb RMM (rear motor mount) and is pretty much fixes it!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
OP said that he has the Cobb RMM and swapped it to stock to see if it solved the problem. I'm assuming it did it with the Cobb RMM as well. OP did you install and tighten all of the bolts when you swapped the RMM. Also, is everything else on the car stock or have you changed anything else?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
MY guess would be the shift selector clunk while going from first to second gear with vigor. My car has made it forever and even more pronouced with the solid mounts and short shifter I have looked at it several times and saw no unusual wear or parts rubbing..