Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

mountune?

I know there like the only brand that can be used without voiding your warranty, but do there parts(intake,intercooler,exhaust) really make any great performance jumps or should i just save my money for a couple years and wait until my warranty is up? Also is it true that the mountune AP only has one tune? Seems pretty crazy for the huge price gap between it and the largely popular and successful Cobb AP, probably another mod to just wait until my warranty is up.

Brura22

Mountune sells the cobb ap that includes a free custom tune from mountune for 500.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I know there like the only brand that can be used without voiding your warranty, but do there parts(intake,intercooler,exhaust) really make any great performance jumps or should i just save my money for a couple years and wait until my warranty is up? Also is it true that the mountune AP only has one tune? Seems pretty crazy for the huge price gap between it and the largely popular and successful Cobb AP, probably another mod to just wait until my warranty is up.
I you may notice I run most mountune parts. A) because I was able to through them in with the financing of the car and B)warranty is important to me. Their quality is excellent but many other vendors also have great quality.

Correct the MP215 only has one tune but it is not like a Cobb OTS map. It has better low end torque and is locked to the car forever. Cannot be unmarried. If you have, what is considered a stage 2, you can get the MR230 tune upgrade tune for even more. Now the thing with MP215 is that it is CARB approved (not many are), Ford warranty approved and sold via Ford Racing (AKA partnered by Ford, which means they may have technical details others don't). So technically its a specific tune, to replicate you would need to buy the Cobb access port and get a tune (likely cheaper still).

Other things I have noticed with Mountune parts is that they fit perfectly. No adjustments or fitment issues and the quality is premium (life time on CBE for instance, for me is huge as I plan to own the car for years and put many miles per year). All this may not be enough to sway you and to be fair you can use the Cobb AP3 load tunes and return to stock without much hassle if any.

Things like CBE are also not high in the list of concerns for dealers.

Zormecteon

What he said. While I'm not mechanically inclined and have the work done, rather than doing it myself, and don't have the direct experience, the mechanic who did the work said the same as above. .. "these parts fit exactly as if they were OEM. there's no filddeling with them or fitment issues"... like with some other parts. Now to be straight, this was a Ford Racing Shop, and it was the first Fiesta they've seen or worked on, doing most of their work on Mustangs and other high performance Fords, and so are completely unfamiliar with other maker's Fiesta parts, but their endorsement is good enough for me.

Chuckable

You already received some good advice and feedback above. To summarize, only the MP215 is warranty-friendly. The MR230 is not. If you ever plan on going beyond the MP215 then just get the Accessport from Mountune for $500 because it includes custom tuning. If you ever go in for engine or gearbox work afterward there is a chance that Ford will not honor the warranty. It's on a case-by-case basis, and depends a lot of the level of modifications you have as well as your service advisor and the service manager.
Mountune parts are awesome. I'm using them exclusively, and the fitment is always spot-on.

OP
jakep563
Thread Starter #6
Thank you for the advice!! I think I'm gonna go to the dealership i bought it from and talk to them and see what they think is ok to do, i have a 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty but this being my first new car and first car I've liked into modding i think it would probably be a good place to start.

I you may notice I run most mountune parts. A) because I was able to through them in with the financing of the car and B)warranty is important to me. Their quality is excellent but many other vendors also have great quality.

Correct the MP215 only has one tune but it is not like a Cobb OTS map. It has better low end torque and is locked to the car forever. Cannot be unmarried. If you have, what is considered a stage 2, you can get the MR230 tune upgrade tune for even more. Now the thing with MP215 is that it is CARB approved (not many are), Ford warranty approved and sold via Ford Racing (AKA partnered by Ford, which means they may have technical details others don't). So technically its a specific tune, to replicate you would need to buy the Cobb access port and get a tune (likely cheaper still).

Other things I have noticed with Mountune parts is that they fit perfectly. No adjustments or fitment issues and the quality is premium (life time on CBE for instance, for me is huge as I plan to own the car for years and put many miles per year). All this may not be enough to sway you and to be fair you can use the Cobb AP3 load tunes and return to stock without much hassle if any.

Things like CBE are also not high in the list of concerns for dealers.
If I remember correctly from talking to Randy when mountune installed my MP kit it is only locked to the vehicle for anybody but mountune or your ford dealer. They would be able to put the car back to stock if you decided to go a different route or sell the car.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
If I remember correctly from talking to Randy when mountune installed my MP kit it is only locked to the vehicle for anybody but mountune or your ford dealer. They would be able to put the car back to stock if you decided to go a different route or sell the car.
Yes but you can't resell the Mtune Accessport or if I remember it is very expensive to unmarry.

Does anyone know if just the Mtune handset installation (instead of complete MP215 upgrade) can be installed with just a Mountune air filter and carry the same warranty backing? Since the full induction system does not fit the 2016's.....

Would there be any drawbacks to installing an mtune without the induction system? (this may have been asked, sorry!)

Does anyone know if just the Mtune handset installation (instead of complete MP215 upgrade) can be installed with just a Mountune air filter and carry the same warranty backing? Since the full induction system does not fit the 2016's.....

Would there be any drawbacks to installing an mtune without the induction system? (this may have been asked, sorry!)
No, it's sold as a kit. You will need the whole thing to register your warranty.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

I would contact Mountune to confirm. The MP215 kit is an air box and accessport. To my knowledge the 2016 did not change the air box only the induction hose so the kit should fit.

I would contact Mountune to confirm. The MP215 kit is an air box and accessport. To my knowledge the 2016 did not change the air box only the induction hose so the kit should fit.
I think they actually did make changes to the design for 2016. I believe it's still awaiting CARB certification. No CARB = no warranty support from Ford Racing.

I would confirm all of this with Mountune. I believe someone posted a similar question on this forum.

Last official word I heard was Mountune was waiting for Ford approval... but my Ford Racing dealer said that the kit for 2016's is showing available to purchase.... trying to figure out what's what....

J2FoRS

Last official word I heard was Mountune was waiting for Ford approval... but my Ford Racing dealer said that the kit for 2016's is showing available to purchase.... trying to figure out what's what....
Yes you can buy it. But until Mountune gets its warranty approval for the 2016 it's not warranty friendly. Ford can order alot of things if you want them to, doesn't mean your warranty is in tact. Hopefully Mountune will provide an ETA soon for you guys.