Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Second oil change and tightened intake clamps

Had a nice sunny day yesterday so changed the oil and filter for the second time at 2100km.
The oil coming out was a lot cleaner than when I dumped it the first time at 1100km.
I guess the grunge from assembly and break-in is working its way out of the engine.
While I was under there I took the opportunity to check the clamps on the intake piping - everything was snug except the clamp right at the turbo. It took about a full turn.
Also while I was under there (and since I wasn't freezing my a$$ off like the last time) I took the opportunity to look around a bit.
I did notice that there is a slight dark spot on the joint between the bell housing and the tranny. Looks like a little bit of oil might be weeping out.
It wasn't wet but just enough oil to collect some dirt. Will have to watch and see what develops.
All in all a good day.[lovest]
This morning I gave it the first good hand wash of the season and now it's snowing! [mad]

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I have your luck with washing my car. Forecast could say clear sky's for the next month, but if I wash my car it will likely rain within 2 hours lol

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
decided to look at my clamps as i am at 20 000km on the car, low and behold, one piece of rubber hose on boost side was half way off and clamp was loose so i fixed that. then on the top side i found... well look and see for your self.

Lose clamp.jpg lose clamp 2.jpg

XuperXero

8800 kms here and I've yet to find this loose hose clamp issue...

XuperXero

I tightened them with a wrench a while back, but none of them were as loose as some members reported. Maybe 1-2 turns max, none of them were movable by hand and wiggling the couplers yielded no movement around clamps.

SVTWRC

Hey everyone, new Fiesta ST driver but not new to Ford . Had a SVT Focus for 6 years So I was on the Focus Fanatics site. I have theory that the engine movement with the stock Rear motor mount and the charge piping bolted to the moving engine wants to rip the couplers from the piping causing the play in the clamps. Folks with the RMM don't experience the loose clamps due to the stabilization of the engine. Just a thought . Check my YouTube channel SVTWRC for a video of the clamps for the intercooler to the turbo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEqK48j0A6w

It's a logical theory. However, the stock charge pipes are fairly flexible because of the rubber sections. But in the end I do agree it's a possibility because even with my Cobb REM after a few hundred miles with Cobb hard charge pipes I (and I believe a few others) snapped off the mounting tab on the hot side pipe.