Welcome to the #1 Ford Ranger Forum and Ford Ranger community dedicated to Ford Ranger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Ranger Forum today!

MTX Thunder 152 in the F150

Well... I've got issues. When I see a killer deal on an old school amp, I roll the dice. On Friday I was poking around on Ebay and saw an MTX Thunder 152 with a "make offer" option. These amps were about 300 a piece back when they were new. So, lets just say I got it for well under 50. It is in superb shape, and the only issue I've seen is I need to clean the potentiometers for the gain (it has a gain for left and right separately). It's got more balls than my Zapco Z100 and my Craig 250 put together. Here are the specs, but they are severely underrated. I remember talking to an MTX rep at a car show when these were new, and he was telling me that these amps were designed by a guy that formerly designed amps for Fosgate.

RMS Power measured at 12.5 Volts DC:
37.5 Watts x 2 into a 4 Ohm load with less than 0.05% Thd+N
75 Watts x 2 into a 2 Ohm load with less than 0.1% Thd+N
150 Watts bridged into a 4 Ohm load with less than 0.1% Thd+N

Dynamic Power (IHF-202 Standard) measured at 14.4 Volts DC
90 Watts x 2 into a 4 Ohm load
165 Watts x 2 into a 2 Ohm load
325 Watts bridged into a 4 Ohm load

Anyway... here are a couple of pics. I am working on adding a 2nd sub now. Just have to figure out how I will do the enclosure. I want a ported enclosure tuned at 38hz for them.