Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Joining the Family

After waiting far too long, and enjoying a few test drives far too much, I finally ordered an MO FiST last November and should have it at the end of February. I don't think I've ever been as excited.

A little history on my previous ownership:
1984 GTI (bought it 6 years old) modded lightly, drove for 4 years
1991 Civic Si (bought it 5 years old) modded lightly, drove for 15 years
2012 Mazda 2 (bought it new) with light modding, drove for last 4 years

I have it on good authority that my face will break off from smiling and laughing so much soon after taking ownership, so I'm already looking into replacement faces.

Congrats on the purchase. I took delivery of my factory ordered MO 2016 at the end of September. I had been following the Fiesta since it came to the states and the ST when it showed up in 2013 but I had to wait until I was able to purchase. With all the research I did I definitely made the right choice. Can't think of any other car I would rather have as a daily driver and I don't really even miss my old car that I had for 7 years and put a lot of time into. So I'm sure you will enjoy the car a lot.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Welcome. Nice on keeping the 91 Honda so long. Those Si's were nice back in the early 90s.

OP
P
Thread Starter #11
From all of you more experienced FiST owners, I would love some reco's: Favorite basic mods that make a big difference? Also, I'm a turbo newb, and curious what mountune mods would be suggested. I don't need big hp, but want to piece together a warranty-friendly plan for about a year into ownership to potentially bump the power a bit. I'd also really like to know which gas pedal spacer people like the most, and which short shift kit people are liking. Mountune as well? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. Sure you'll get more smiles per miles. I have an MO also and loving it.

Welcome from Sonoma County.

The Mountune MP215 will bump your hp to 215 and your torque to 236, is Ford endorsed and won't void your warranty so long as you have Ford or Mountune install it. I have Mountune's short shift kit. Lots of folks have the Cobb Rear Motor Mount. Its mentioned on several threads here and is on the Cobb website.

Have fun!

OP
P
Thread Starter #14
Finally took delivery last night! Super excited!!!

Having SYNC issues, especially maintaining a link to my phone. It never recognizes it when I get back in my car. Is there a good database for SYNC issues out there on the interwebs?

SICKESSS-ST

Having SYNC issues, especially maintaining a link to my phone. It never recognizes it when I get back in my car. Is there a good database for SYNC issues out there on the interwebs?

Welcome! The wait must've killed you but it'll be worth it.

Join us on our next drive in about 2 weeks.

Hey pleaseyesplease,

Congrats on the purchase! I responded to your post here: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8107-SYNC-3-iPhone-6?p=141920#post141920 Check it out. :)

Shaay

OP
P
Thread Starter #18
Hi everyone,

My question to the FiST community is: To MP215 or not to MP215?

This car is nearly perfect, and it's kind of a miracle that it exists. Of course, that doesn't mean that a little more power might not be even more perfect :)

I'm willing to pay the higher price (compared with Cobb) to preserve warranty concerns. It would be great to hear from MP215 owners how happy you are with your MP215 upgrade at this point. I don't think I have use or need for more power than that, so my main questions come down to daily livability stuff. I love how quiet the car is now - does the upgraded air box create a lot more noise/volume? And, is it obnoxious, or just more audible? Any other concerns? Does MPG remain relatively stable compared to stock? Thanks in advance for any thoughts from you all!

And, yes, I have looked at other threads, but they tend to compare MP215 against COBB and other tunes both for power gains and price, etc., and I'm more concerned with some basic livability feedback. Thanks!

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hi everyone,

My question to the FiST community is: To MP215 or not to MP215?

This car is nearly perfect, and it's kind of a miracle that it exists. Of course, that doesn't mean that a little more power might not be even more perfect :)

I'm willing to pay the higher price (compared with Cobb) to preserve warranty concerns. It would be great to hear from MP215 owners how happy you are with your MP215 upgrade at this point. I don't think I have use or need for more power than that, so my main questions come down to daily livability stuff. I love how quiet the car is now - does the upgraded air box create a lot more noise/volume? And, is it obnoxious, or just more audible? Any other concerns? Does MPG remain relatively stable compared to stock? Thanks in advance for any thoughts from you all!

And, yes, I have looked at other threads, but they tend to compare MP215 against COBB and other tunes both for power gains and price, etc., and I'm more concerned with some basic livability feedback. Thanks!
I would highly recommend you consider the Cobb Accessport with the stratified stage 1 tune. All of this can be had for under or around $500 if I remember correctly. Considering your description of your needs for this car, I think you'll be extremely happy with that setup. Stratified sells both together, I stall yourself very easily and you're good to go.

It is highly unlikely that you are going to have any warranty issue caused by the Cobb. Their stuff is pretty bulletproof. Don't be scared by the warranty issues, the Mountune stuff is very highly priced because it plays off of people's fear of voiding their warranty. Cobb is solid.