Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Magnaflow #16392 on a 2014.

City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Ok so i got the catback system. Will see how the install goes. I'm scared of rounding off or breaking bolts or studs.(been down this road before.) Anyways im on call this week and rain in the forcast for a lot of it so I'll probably not get to it till next week. Until then oiling the shit outta of em. Heres photo of system and stock system. Ill post progress when im able to get it going.

Attachments

OP
Calebdrums1985
City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Thread Starter #2
Ok so...ive been spraying the bolts. Gonna go for it tomorrow. Weathers going to be 76 and sunny. So far my problem already is that the car is lowered limiting room. Do a exhaust before coilovers unless you have a lift.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Ok so...ive been spraying the bolts. Gonna go for it tomorrow. Weathers going to be 76 and sunny. So far my problem already is that the car is lowered limiting room. Do a exhaust before coilovers unless you have a lift.
Once you get it on the stands, pull the right rear wheel and put the floor jack under the brake drum. Then remove the lower shock bolt and the front bracket for the axle beam. The only thing limiting how much you can drop that side will be the brake hose. It gave me just enough room to get at a good place to cut the exhaust pipe ahead of the stock muffler. Hope that helps!

OP
Calebdrums1985
City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Thread Starter #4
Ok I will say for a certainty that the exhaust fits like a glove. Only problem I got is i broke a stud bolt.......i feared this happening. A simple weld will fix that. Dammit.

OP
Calebdrums1985
City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Thread Starter #5
So make that 2011 to 2014. Anything after and im unsure about.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Only breaking one stud off is a testimonial for spray penetrating oil and your patience!
You should have a muffler shop drive out the broken stud and install new. The expansion and contraction of the exhaust in use will work against the durability of a couple of spot welds on an exhaust flange.
Did the new system include a new gasket and hardware?

OP
Calebdrums1985
City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Thread Starter #7
No I had to purchase the gasket separately.

OP
Calebdrums1985
City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Thread Starter #8
Ok so im got a problem the resinator pipe rattles on the middle crossmeber dont know if this is because stud bolt is broke (think I'll have midas do it.) Or that I re-used the old hangers.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Engine Performance 8