Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

I replaced the radio it still won't work. Thanks all its fixed

City
Windsor
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
I matched the radio numbers and it all works great. Thank you all. I talked with a guy at the salvage yard yesterday and he told me where I went wrong. I replaced the radio but still not working does the radio model numbers have to be the same? I was fixing the usb port and removed the console and there's a box that says sync there. this car is a pain in my ass. Someone said at ford that my radio may have to be reprogrammed..... not sure if I need it done. Maybe 2nd radio is a dud. Fuses are good.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Sync and non sync audio systems are not interchangeable. You must know what you have in order to get a “same thing” replacement.
This rule also applies to the various Sync versions and the rather obtuse MFT system.
Unlike the old days of the 1970’s, modern cars are canbus networked,and as such,are built with a particular set of equipment and are programmed to function with their own “as built” menu of features and functionality.
There are several threads here and on the ST site that discuss this topic in more detail.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The radios used in various years- like the Fiesta variant numbers like MK6 or MK7 - the old versions of the Ford MFT Audio system - and their newer counterparts are not drop in replacements - the numbers have to match within the year it was made - else the chipset used in the dash radio might not accept the commands the vehicle is telling it.

1684082644268.png

See the Date code? That is what I'm talking about.

Attachments

Last edited: