City
Amarillo
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 EDGE TITANIUM
I had espoused on the trouble with my new Edge with only 3,000 miles on it! I had told the service representative at my dealership that the fuel pump was the problem. I even produced a video for his viewing that finally got his attention! Story made short. After the dealer contacted Ford for help, and Ford ageeed to send a technical represntative from Dallas,Texas to Amarillo, a decision was finally made to REPLACE the FUEL PUMP!

Jesus, how astute and comprehensive was the deduction they made! IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP!! The story now related to me today, November 1, 2021, is that the fuel pump inner shaft (push rod) had fractured! Never heard of that issue. I would assume that this was a FIRST for the issue of the fuel pump failures in the Edges and other 2.0 EB engines. I don't know when I will get my Edge back, but as of now, the dealership has given me a "loaner" 2020 Lincolin MKZ. Not really a bad situation, but I am stil lmaking payments on my "new" Edge, and not being able to enjoy it!

I'll post again, and maybe include a picture of the Edge........

Oldveteran 1638415027445.png