Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fuel System Cleaner

Lbrocato

City
Pasadena
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta Se
Just filled my gas tank to full at Flying J and added Techron® Complete Fuel System Cleaner. sound and feels like my car running smoother. anyone have thought or expernice with using fuel system cleaners and additives in vehicles?

Last edited:
City
Baytown
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta
I am conservative with additives. For fuel, I believe the best thing to do is buy "Top Tier" fuel, exclusively, if possible.

https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

I do periodically use Techron, or one of the other brands like Gumout Regane that has the PEA chemical in it. I understand the PEA additives are the best. I only use them once every 10,000 miles, just before every other oil change. I also use a 2X dose, since I want a higher concentration. This regimen seems to have served me well over decades. I believe if you use Top Tier fuels, at least 90-95% of the time, a periodic maintenance use of Techron is all you need. Hello from your neighbor in Baytown.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I like Lucas fuel injector cleaner. I will use that product about 800 miles/ two tank fulls prior to a major tune up.
In general, I just use a premium fuel like Mobil drive clean 93 or Marathon 93 with STP additives.
I have had no issues with using the top tier premium fuels in the non turbocharged Fiesta on a one tank every other month ( 6 times a year) basis.
I have never had any problems with storing my 2011 Fiesta for the 5 months of harsh winter weather. It has always started right up when i drop the battery in it. I do add a small amount of Stabil fuel conditioner to the filled tank of premium fuel before I park it for the winter.

OP
Lbrocato

Lbrocato

City
Pasadena
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta Se
Thread Starter #4
I am conservative with additives. For fuel, I believe the best thing to do is buy "Top Tier" fuel, exclusively, if possible.

https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

I do periodically use Techron, or one of the other brands like Gumout Regane that has the PEA chemical in it. I understand the PEA additives are the best. I only use them once every 10,000 miles, just before every other oil change. I also use a 2X dose, since I want a higher concentration. This regimen seems to have served me well over decades. I believe if you use Top Tier fuels, at least 90-95% of the time, a periodic maintenance use of Techron is all you need. Hello from your neighbor in Baytown.
Scotty Kilmer Said it best on youtube that all base gas are smilar . You got two choices for the base really non-ethanol gas or gas with 10-15% ethanol. The gas station take how much gas they want and adds the additives. So any station will work as long as it not a gas station that really u see no people their buying gas or every few . Also you do not wanta fuel up when the fuel truck is their . also watch out for scammers. My rule is go by the prices/reviews on gasbuddy app . It seeem tho that Pasadena and Baytown Texas always seen to have higher gas prices. where the normal around town is 2.65 a gallon. I agee thos Techron,Gumout Regane every 5,000 miles or 10,000 miles is good

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
My '01 S10 has almost 300k on it and the entire fuel system is still original and fully functional. Never put a drop of fuel system cleaner in it. I change the fuel filter every 40-50k or so, and I'll run a tank of E85 every once in a while since it's a flex vehicle.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Just filled my gas tank to full at Flying J and added Techron® Complete Fuel System Cleaner. sound and feels like my car running smoother. anyone have thought or expernice with using fuel system cleaners and additives in vehicles?
I once had a car refuse to start because of water freezing in the fuel line. It was really cold out. The next day was warmer and I got it to start.

I use Techron every oil change, just out of habit. A clean fuel system is a happy fuel system.