Welcome to the #1 Ford Ranger Forum and Ford Ranger community dedicated to Ford Ranger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Ranger Forum today!

bumper sag revisited ... questions about brackets

warren0728

so i bought a 1998 ford ranger xlt 2.5L ... been doing little things here and there ... new headlights, new grill etc.

it of course has the bumper sag and i believe i have adjusted it the best i can with the mounting bolts (unless there are some mystery bolts i missed!) ...

i'm thinking maybe the diagonal bumper supports are bent? do you think new supports would correct the droop? i guess i could try straightening my existing brackets ... has anyone had success doing that?

thanks in advance!

Attachments

Looks like the bumper itself is twisted, not just the brackets. I'd try tweaking your brackets, but youll probably need a new bumper...

SVT

OP
W

warren0728

Thread Starter #3
yeah that's what i was afraid of ... i'll just keep a watch on my local you pull it junk yard!

nitram17

I've experienced that kind of problem which lead to my bumper being cracked. Had to purchase a new one from 4WheelOnline that time.