Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Canadian member going through mid life crisis LOL

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
As stated new Canadian member turning 40 shortly. The FiST is my new mid life sports car. Never really had a sport car but big powerful SUV (Ford Explorer, Ford Edge x2, 91 Blazzer 4.6L). We are a two car family and when we moved to our current location I needed to replace the 91 Blazzer as it was killing me on gas. Jumped into an Aveo to drastically save gas. Nothing else in 2005 sparked my interest. Before I continue I have to add we drive cars until they die. The average KM on the list is about 450,000km The Blazzer was the most @ 600,000+km The Aveo the least @ 360,000km (guess which car I liked least to drive ;) ). I commute 100km one way each day (so 200km round trip). I L O V E T O D R I V E!

So since the Aveo has a cracked windshield, non existent exhaust, last leg on the clutch (its original) I was looking for a small car to replace it. I knew I wanted a Ford due to the great level of service I get locally. I was planning on a Fiesta. My only need was a manual transmission. I did not know of the FiST until I started looking xmas 2014. After tons of reading I pulled the trigger last Thursday on a custom order Molten Orange and the exterior and interior colour. The main reason I bought it is that this is the vehicle I wanted. Not what the family wanted/needed. It is mine and mine alone.[wiggle] Well they can sit in it but must wash their shoes and no drinking!! :D

I will try to post some pics of the build (if I do it). But I know the first weekend I will take apart ALL the regular maintenance stuff and re-tight all the nuts/bolts with anti-seize to help in the future maintenance. I will likely take pictures of that process.

So without further delays I say Hello eh!