Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2019 ST Line. Uncommon enough in my area to be "spotted" worthy.....

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I really like this green color. I am not generally a fan of green. But, i am thinking about selling my 11 Fiesta next summer if i can find a manual transmission ST Line in either red, blue or this green. I doubt that most of the first purchasers of these Fiesta's knew how uncommon they were.
Every upgrade i have done on my 2011 fiesta would practically jump onto the ST Line. 20210728_143106.jpg

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #3
I wish Ford had offered something like the ST Line in 2012 instead of the beyond obscure SES with the sports appearance package. Which was a strange mix of limited color choice and specific interior trim in combination with a 4.25 final drive ratio for the manual transmission.
It was a very restricted package because the buyer first had to select the SES package and THEN select the sport appearance package And THEN select the manual transmission. All just to get minimally improved gearing. So, of course, nobody bought them.
Couldn't have been the "oh so subtle" interior trim that killed the demand for that one!
This one just didn't make any sense to me.

Attachments

Last edited:

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I really like this green color. I am not generally a fan of green. But, i am thinking about selling my 11 Fiesta next summer if i can find a manual transmission ST Line in either red, blue or this green. I doubt that most of the first purchasers of these Fiesta's knew how uncommon they were.
Every upgrade i have done on my 2011 fiesta would practically jump onto the ST Line. View attachment 5564
Hoping when my divorce is done, I can find an ST. Like you said, most my mods could come off and go right into an ST (which I have kept in mind the whole time).

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
The ST Line has a long history in Europe. ST styling without the performance, for cheaper insurance while still having a sharp looking car.
I suspect Cuautitlan had some leftover ST trim to unload, so they did this the last year to get rid of it.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #6
Ford really missed the mark with buyers who would have bought accessories and upgrades.
It becomes especially clear when you look at the price difference between a loaded SE hatchback or a Titanium hatchback and the cost of the ST line. When you add on the cost of an aftermarket sill and spoiler kit plus the cost of color matching it. A set of wheels. The cost of a half ways decent pair of driving or fog lamps and a couple of other things like floor mats and a hitch or roof rack.
You would be right in the neighborhood of the cost of the ST line. Not counting a rebate or crafty negotiating.
Ford recently announced that they are going to try a " build to order " production system.
I had proposed that years ago with the Fiesta. It takes longer but there are several advantages in scale and cost that would have allowed Ford to offer something like an ST line and not end up dumping them onto the sales lots of dealerships that were not either willing or able to sell them properly.

City
Maceidona
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback.
Every upgrade i have done on my 2011 fiesta would practically jump onto the ST Line. View attachment 5564
You won't regret getting red. There not hard to find and in my opinion looks pretty damn good. I have a 13 fiesta se hatchback with the red paint and a 250 dollar graphic on the side.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Let's hope used car prices go down first. They're ridiculous right now.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #9
Let's hope used car prices go down first. They're ridiculous right now.
Depends on if you are buying or selling! The wholesale value of my 2011 manual transmission fiesta has risen over 2 grand in a year!
It's great for anyone who wants to get out of their car and just pocket the cash.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Depends on if you are buying or selling! The wholesale value of my 2011 manual transmission fiesta has risen over 2 grand in a year!
It's great for anyone who wants to get out of their car and just pocket the cash.
Yeah. I can get what I paid for mine, but I'd have to replace it, too. Derp!
Of course, I'll drive it 'til I die, I like it that much.

Last edited: