Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2014 Fiesta SE AC Problem

Raymez

City
Ft Myers
State
FL
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
HELP! I've searched all over for a thread on this ac issue. Can't find anything. Cold engine, start, turn on ac and it works fine for about 1 minute then cycles on and off. Pressures are fine. It also causes hot light to come on when driving very slow speeds in heavy traffic with ac on. Only has 44000 miles.

Harvick

HELP! I've searched all over for a thread on this ac issue. Can't find anything. Cold engine, start, turn on ac and it works fine for about 1 minute then cycles on and off. Pressures are fine. It also causes hot light to come on when driving very slow speeds in heavy traffic with ac on. Only has 44000 miles.
If you're sure your refrigerant levels are fine, the only thing I can think of is it could be a bad a/c compressor.

OP
R

Raymez

City
Ft Myers
State
FL
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
Compressor cycles so it's ok. In looking at the schematic the only possibilities are the PCM or the cycling switch as far as I can tell.

Attachments

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I'm not sure if cycling is ok, I thought most modern compressors are of the variable displacement type and don't usually shut off. Even my vehicle from 2001 has this type.