Welcome to the #1 Ford Ranger Forum and Ford Ranger community dedicated to Ford Ranger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Ranger Forum today!

1998 Ranger won't start

City
cornwall
State
VT
Country
Canada
What I Drive
1998 Ranger
Hi, I have had this 98 Ranger 4x4 with 3.0 extra cab for 4 years, very happy , has been running fine, but went out the other day and it turns over and starts to catch for a second but does not, I can hear the fuel pump turning on and sprayed some start fluid in but does not do anything, not showing any codes, I changed the crankshaft sensor, nothing, I am looking at the cam sensor, but the Haynes manual is confusing, says in one place I can change only the sensor but also says sometimes must remove the assembly, so I am not sure how to proceed at this point. The only minor issue I have noticed is the oil pressure gauge sometimes dropping and going back up, but I was low on oil. I realize there are many possibilities and I might spend on things I don't need, but I have other vehicles so have time, prefer not to have to have it towed. Thanks
I live in US, must have hit Canada by accident, though I do get some French radio stations