Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

17 year cicadas. Here they come!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Cicadas. Isnt that one of those new Buick SUV's? The new Buick Cicada! Your wife is going to bug the hell out of ya to buy her one.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Is there truth to the rumor that after 17 years - it sheds it's skin and flies away - leaving the driver an empty shell?

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
No. I think that is more of a Mitsubishi thing!.
Oh! You meant the vehicle. Not the company!
Actually. I think that the only way i could eventually have an SUV i could enjoy would be to start with an empty shell! Or, there are a couple of Land Rover models that could work for me if i had to select an assembled vehicle.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Suzuki X90 is the only SUV I would own.
That's almost as obscure as the virtually unknown Isuzu VehiCROSS. The Isuzu, not unlike the cicada appearance, was a rare occurrence. It is among only a very few vehicles that was almost unchanged in production from it's original concept - Show car! The original Dodge Viper was another one. The VehiCROSS is genuinely rare. I have seen less than ten in over twenty years.I would have to buy one if i stumbled upon one for sale. Especially if it was inop and needed some repair.
2001-isuzu-vehicross-1.jpg

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I had to Google the X90. It's very unusual. Are you sure that you could even call it an suv? The image i had of it in my head was a actually a Geo Tracker. The X90 is even smaller than a Tracker.
I would have a hard time categorizing it into any recognized market niche! I might have seen one of those running around Ann Arbor with Red Bull energy drink livery! It looks similar to the the one i saw. Minus the giant Red Bull can bolted onto the trunklid!
Suzuki_Vitara_X-90_rear_20080617.jpg

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The X90 was a Miata version of a Sidekick, Tracker or Samurai - only as a 2 seater - with real trunk space!

Or a Jeep needing a shot of steroids...

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
That's the one that I saw and remember! Or probably one of many. The Mini cooper Red Bull promo car doesn't register with me. Hadn't seen one of those. They really went nuts with a saw on that one!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Mini Cooper Redbull?

Come on! Guys!

Where's the Bull Bar like the predecessors?
1617738488177.png
You know Every Red Bull needs a Bull Bar!​

Wait! This was supposed to be about Cicadas'!?

On_Topic = ON

Well, the X90 ... Hmm, about 1995 - 1997 ... 2021 - so that's 24 years ago - just now emerging?

It's a few years late!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Like cicadas. A late bloomer? But honestly, all energy drink promo vehicles bow down before the Minotaur in the 2008 movie "Role models". That truck snorted smoke and bellowed. ba343004b5e956b65bfaa5c284e7b7aa.jpg

Last edited:
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I had to Google the X90. It's very unusual. Are you sure that you could even call it an suv?
I guess you should be able to tell what I think of SUVs then, lol.

If I had to choose something more proper? I guess 1st gen RAV4 3-door hardtop, FWD with 5 speed of course.

I love S10s but would never own an SUV variant of one.