Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Underglow Install "guide"

Ivu04

City
Capital Federal, Buenos Aires
State
Non-US
Country
Argentina
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta Kinetic Design 1.6 2013
Hey guys! :)
I wanted to write this because I had a bad time finding any information on how to pass wires through the car and installig my kit so if anyone needs it, this post should remain on the internet forever...

Context: Long story short I have a mexican 2013 ford fiesta titanium and this summer I had the chance to travel to the USA where found it hilarious that you could buy a full bluetooth underglow kit for only 20 bucks so I had to kind of ironically buy it, specially since it doesnt exist in my country. I got a LEDOPPO 4 strip kit which as far as I have seen is just a generic set that many chinese companies rebrand and sell as their own.

Wiering: In order to pass a cable from the outside of the car towards the inside, you have to find a hole and fiestas are a pain in the ass to pass cables through. What I found is that there's a plug othe chassis under the A pillar right where the side mirror would be when you open either door. Its not the easiest to get the wire inside but it's a thousand times easier than passing a cable through the firewall. It's quite convenient to use the passenger side since it gives you direct access to the fusebox located right behind the glovebox. From there you can either plug an extra fuse or send a wire to one of the 12V conectors on the cabin. (That is, of course, if you dont want to send the wires directly to the battery). In order to get the wire right outside you can pass it through the interior of the fender over to the engine bay. The wire should end up under the hood hinge.

Installation of the led strips: its not so hard actually, in my case the strips came with a water protection silicone case and a very strong double sided tape pre installed. If you check your car you'll find that under the front bumper there's a bump in front of the radiator which fits a led strip perfectly (it actually seems like it was made for it). For the sidestrips you can use the rubber plugs that are where the sideskirt supports would be in the st model, since they are rubber you can make small holes and pass a zip tie through them to hold the strip. If you have sideskirts you can just install the leds directly to it. There are many plugs so you can even attach the wires to them. At last there's the rear light strip which thankfully can also be screwed in without damaging the metal. Under the spare tire holder there's 3 plastic plugs where you can screw in whatever holding mechanism your kit comes with. As a bonus if your wire ends up having to pass near the exhaust you can glue it to the interior of the bumper or do as I did which is sandwich the wire between the frame and the exhaust heat shield.

And remember to always have fun and not be overwhelmed with the process. It took me 8 hours of work to get it all set up!!!