Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta ST Drive event in Ann Arbor, MI

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States

Our morning started off as we drove into the Weber's Inn parking lot. Upon arriving you can see two long rows of Fiesta STs as well as the Ford team welcoming us to the event. During the morning breakfast we were given a thorough presentation on the vehicle, various global strategies, their commitment to reliability as well as Team RS's involvement in developing this car. We were then given free reigns to the Fiesta STs waiting for us back at the parking lot. Upon first glance the Fiesta ST looks a lot like it's older sibling, the Focus ST. However as you move around towards the side and rear, it becomes evident that the styling is very unique to the Fiesta. Sitting inside the car felt amazing, the Recaros were quite comfortable and in some ways reminded us of the first generation Focus SVT with the Euro package. We didn't get a chance to play around with the infotainment system, but everything was ergonomically laid out nicely including a large navigation display screen and even the armrests were quite comfortable. As you start up the car, you hear a really nice throaty exhaust coming from the rear and a few revs quickly reminded us of the turbo sitting in the engine.

We were then given permission to test drive around the twisty back roads of Ann Arbor Michigan. This is where the Fiesta ST's tuned suspension really shine as we experienced very little body rolling or flexing coming out of 90 degree turns and S curves at high speeds. The close ratio 6-speed shifted very smoothly and the clutch was very grippy getting in and out of gears. All though Ford rates this vehicle as having 197 horsepower and 214 pound-feet of torque, we really didn't feel the power come on until above the 3000 rpm mark. However for highway passing, power will come on instantly and we had little trouble overtaking slower cars on the two-lane road. In addition to the blow-off valve, the sound symposer really added to the affect that you were behind a high-performance sports car. We also experience very little brake fading during our 2.5 hour drive and had no issues slowing down into tight turns. Interior road noise was very minimal and we had no problem conversing inside the cabin. One thing we do wished Ford would have added was a dead pedal as well as a boost gauge similar to the one found in the Focus ST. Overall the car is an amazing machine and we're very happy to see this vehicle finally going into production for the North American market. Those who plan to own one will not be disappointed. We would also like to thank our friends at Ford for giving us the opportunity to attend this Fiesta ST drive event.

Upon arriving back to the hotel, there were some final questions and answers before we departed, we've listed a few down below.

Q) When will the Fiesta ST be available to the public?
A) End of September is when customers are expected to start receiving their cars.

Q) Will Ford offer a 3-door version in the US?
A) The costs for tooling an existing plant or shipping them from overseas would be too much.

Q) Will there be an option for HID lights in the future?
A) No HID lights will be offered on the Fiesta ST.

Q) Will there be an option for a boost gauge similar to the Focus ST?
A) No boost gauge will be offered in the Fiesta ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rweidman

Thank you for the information and great photos. I was hoping that a delivery before October 1 was possible, but there will still be some time for driving before snow arrives. When I ordered my 2011 SES it was delivered in July Not so with the ST. Any photos of the wheel upgrade to gray painted rims and red calipers. Wondering how they would look on a oxford white ST.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
You're welcome guys.

rweidman, they didnt have any with the painted rims and red calipers. I think it would look amazing on white.

O

Oscar Sanchez

love the green one, but would like to see the white and orange with the gray rims and red calipers

F

freredarme

Nice ! In france, Ford Fiesta ST is only available in 3 doors. Its best in 3 doors than 5 doors :)
Its more cool and elegant ;)

C

CivicAssassin

I'm all about the 4 door version, Myself. Easier to load up 3 kids, if I have to. It's not only kids who drive this car. Grown-ups get them, too! ;)

R

rodmoe

Kids are better in Focus I think. Fiesta is a bit small :(
Small is such a relative term .. Try fitting kids in a 3 door FRS well ok 2 doors and a trunk you can get them in but what a pain.. and I FoST to me isn't as cute as the FiST so that model has been dismissed as a option... Not really anything to argue about cuz we get what we get and Ford "Just ain't care" enough to spend the money to retool. personally I wish they would drop the sedan here and make both 3 and 5 door models like the VW Golf....

F

freredarme

Ford Fiesta 3 doors are available in France, no more cost for 3 doors. Just need 'availability'