Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

My new baby! Brought home 9/3/2013

C

CivicAssassin

The car's amazing. Handles like a dream, has plenty of power (even though I'm sure the dealership filled her up with 87 octane), the engine and stereo sound's great, and interior looks great (non-Recaro). The nav system is a lot more informative than the one I had in my MazdaSpeed 3. Shows current posted speed limit, surrounding roads, and has options on what route you want (Fastest, Shortest Distance, Ecological).

I traded in a 2012 Nissan Frontier 4-cyl. My insurance person quoted me about $10 more a month. I'm not sure if it increased because it's a new car, or if the insurance companies have caught on to the "hot-hatch" thing. It used to only be based of of the number of doors. I.E. My wife had a 2000 Focus 4-door and I had a 2004 Focus SVT (5-door). My insurance was cheaper with full coverage on both.

Not sure if it's standard, but I got a few goodies on the purchase. $500 rebate, 3yr warranty to fix any chips in the windshield for free, 3yr warranty to fix any dents on the vertical panels of the car for free, and free tires for life (normal wear, and having all your services done at the dealership).

Hit me up with any other questions you may have, and I'll try to update this post with answers.

Last edited:
OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #2
Hey thanks for the update Civic.
I don't think the increase was because of the "hot-hatch". Insurance companies shouldn't know about it until next year, where we will probably see a hike.
Question: If you don't mind, how much were you paying for your Nissan Frontier?

The reason I'm asking is to gauge the increase in %. But $10 per month doesn't seem that much.

Currently I'm paying a crazy $485 per month on insurance for an '11 fiesta, but that's because I have three convictions for speeding which automatically puts me as a high-risk driver. Luckily one conviction is expiring next week which will bring me down to two convictions and I won't be classified as "high-risk" anymore. Maybe I can use Lessard's address as storage and get a discount? LOL!!!

It sucks to have insurance in Toronto, we get pimped daily.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats again Civic.

I agree with alexanderfreenote, my insurance doesn't even have the distinction between a regular Fiesta and ST. Also from my own experience pickups are normally cheaper to insure than passenger cars.

OP
L

lessard.dcj

Thread Starter #4
ok

1. i told the dealer not to fill my car, they said ok and would give me 50$ for gas + i didnt want the sales guy driving my car, he was bummed to hear.
also told them not to touch anything they didnt need to, to get it safety-ed. and Most important was not to let the detail kid touch the paint. i dont need swirls in the paint right off the hop.
2.Alex "Currently I'm paying a crazy $485 per month on insurance" WFT i pay 147 month for 11 fiesta 07 f150 and renters ins. full coverage.
3. you not getting pimped you getting raped! how old are you? 12. with ins. that high.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Man that's nice. How are the regular seats? Are they comfortable and can you post some pictures of them too?

OP
L

lessard.dcj

Thread Starter #7
nice car, same color i ordered,

1 thing wrong with it, its in the wrong driveway. lol.

when did you order it again?

OP
C

CivicAssassin

Thread Starter #8
I never actually ordered it. I got in contact with the dealer a couple months ago, and they found one at another dealer. I'll get a couple pics of the seats, tomorrow. They feel a little hard, but they may break in after awhile. Reading through the booklet, you apparently can use 87 octane at the cost of some power. My next fill-up will be 93 octane, when I head to work in a couple weeks. The car already feels quick, I can only imagine what it'll feel like when I put some premium fuel in it.

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #9
ok

1. i told the dealer not to fill my car, they said ok and would give me 50$ for gas + i didnt want the sales guy driving my car, he was bummed to hear.
also told them not to touch anything they didnt need to, to get it safety-ed. and Most important was not to let the detail kid touch the paint. i dont need swirls in the paint right off the hop.
2.Alex "Currently I'm paying a crazy $485 per month on insurance" WFT i pay 147 month for 11 fiesta 07 f150 and renters ins. full coverage.
3. you not getting pimped you getting raped! how old are you? 12. with ins. that high.
Yes I am getting pimped and then raped! No it's not an age thing, I'm in my 30's and have no claims, but the 3 convictions ruined it for me. I was paying $250 with a clean record.

OP
C

CivicAssassin

Thread Starter #10
Currently, I'm paying $161.20 per month for full coverage, for me and the wife, on 2 Nissan Frontiers. Had to ask the wife (the book keeper).

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #12
Currently, I'm paying $161.20 per month for full coverage, for me and the wife, on 2 Nissan Frontiers. Had to ask the wife (the book keeper).
In that case, if you let me use your address as storage, I'll give you $50 per month which would lower your insurance to $111.20 and save me about $200. Well worth it for me. :) [drinking] I'll bring the beers!

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #13
Oh BTW... Please stop buying Japanese and/or European cars. Our economy is hurting enough as it is. My girlfriend is Chinese and in her Condo underground parking (which is 90% Chinese), Japanese and Euro cars rule. I only see a couple of American made cars. It truly pisses me off! LOL

OP
L

lessard.dcj

Thread Starter #14
so what is domestic? a japanese car made in america or an american car made in mexico? in todays economy its a fine line on what is domestic and what is import

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #16
so what is domestic? a japanese car made in america or an american car made in mexico? in todays economy its a fine line on what is domestic and what is import
If the company is based in Japan, it is Japanese, it doesn't matter where it is built, a large portion of the profits go to Japan if it is a Japanese Car, regardless where it is built. If an American car is built in Mexico, the only positive for the Mexicans is being employed, but profits from sales still funnel in to the States. I would rather support my American neighbors knowing that their economy will be better and you know, anything that happens in the States, eventually happens in Canada. Buy local, don't support Japanese and/or Euro cars. We live in North America, we must support our own companies before foreign ones, because this is where we live and eat. That's why I drive a Ford. That's why I buy the iPhone (NOT Samsung). I would actually rather pay more, as long as I support MY country.

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #17
Seat photos, as requested. (Non-Recaro)
The seats look "OK", but it it seems to be standard fiesta seats besides the ST logo. In my '11 Fiesta, I broke the drivers seat 35,000KM in to my ownership. Very cheap production. They fixed it for me under warranty, then 20,000KM later it broke again, but no warranty and I'm stuck with a broken seat. They didn't even want to replace the seat to brand new, they actually ordered a part and opened up my seat and changed some part. Be careful reaching into your back seat with these seats, any pressure you put on it will eventually result in a break, most likely the spring that holds it together.

OP
L

lessard.dcj

Thread Starter #18
If the company is based in Japan, it is Japanese, it doesn't matter where it is built, a large portion of the profits go to Japan if it is a Japanese Car, regardless where it is built. If an American car is built in Mexico, the only positive for the Mexicans is being employed, but profits from sales still funnel in to the States. I would rather support my American neighbors knowing that their economy will be better and you know, anything that happens in the States, eventually happens in Canada. Buy local, don't support Japanese and/or Euro cars. We live in North America, we must support our own companies before foreign ones, because this is where we live and eat. That's why I drive a Ford. That's why I buy the iPhone (NOT Samsung). I would actually rather pay more, as long as I support MY country.
i wouldnt buy 1 car over another just because where its made, i buy based on what is going to get me the best bang for my buck. i work hard for my money, if a billion dollar Co. cant keep afloat because it HAS to out perform itself every year instead of saying " hey look, we made a butt load of money last year lets make the same but put out better products instead of higher proffits" i dont feel sorry for em. local or import, no Co. ever asked how i was doing.

but hey on the other hand ive had 2 VW, 2 Maz, 1 buick, 1 pontiac and and in last 2.5 years 3 Fords. so far my 92 VW gti was the funnest thing ever and i believe the ST will be the modern day MK2 GTI

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thanks for posting the pics Civic, I've never seen the regular ones before and they do look like the standard Fiesta seats with slightly different fabric. It would have been cool if Ford gave us a third option of having those seats available in all leather as well.

OP
R

rweidman

Thread Starter #20
I do like my leather seats in my '11 SES but the vinyl coating or paint over the leather material is not very durable and cracks very quickly I have had the bottom recovered already after 30,000 miles. Fabric maybe a better alternative. I agree the seats look ok and easy to get in and out of for everyday driving. Thanks for the pics.